Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Where It All Started...

So, you know how I said I've been baking for about six months or so?  Very true.  But it wasn't my intention to make this into a business when I started.  I was doing it for fun then, just as a stress reliever.  I started baking for family events and work parties, and in January my sister asked me to make cupcakes for a bridal shower she was helping to throw.  

At the end of that the bride asked me to make them for the wedding.  And it was at that point that I started to seriously consider making this into a business.  



Their wedding was a small outside event on the groom's family land, but it was the largest amount of cupcakes I had ever made all at once.  I learned a lot from that experience and I'm thankful that the bride and groom trusted me to make the cupcakes for their big day!

It was a great day!  And I'm thankful for the help that my parent's and surrogate-sister provided in the day before the wedding and the morning of.  They were great assistants! 

I hope I have the chance to do this again! :)  

The Cupcake Tower

There were Chocolate Peanut Butter, Strawberry Lemonade,  and fresh Peach Cupcakes.


My surrogate sister couldn't decide which one she wanted and so she picked two.
I have to thank the wonderful Rebecca Martinez from Rebecca Martinez Photography for the pictures :)  You can check her out here. (She's amazing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment